Jaime Guilherme Branco de Carvalho
Born in Lisbon, Portugal in 1983 and in the same city made the degree in sculpture, on the Faculty of Fine Arts.
After travel to Italy, started a Master degree in the Academy in Rome and finished in the Academy of Fine Arts of Carrara, Italy.
Have a intensive participation in numerous events and exhibitions, on is country and in Italy, Turkey or Taiwan. His work makes part of important private collections and marks is talent in public spaces.
His work express a unique passion for figurative art.
Recently and with the influence of the studies to write the Master thesis, his work acquired a new and divided esthetic. Working between, expressive figurative and veiled figures with voluminous drapery. Where, in the last kind, the annulled flesh in fluid forms, gives more space for metaphorical readings.
Today live and work´s in Lisbon, Portugal.
Prizes and Competitions:
– Prize of Escultura Ibérica, Serpa, Portugal
– 2nd place, public monument to the fisherman, Sines, Portugal
– 1st Prize Artur Bual, with the sculpture “Chained”, Amadora, Portugal
Events and Symposiums:
– Prizes for IRG Awards 2013, an event organize by Deloitte, Lisbon, Portugal
– 650 anos Cascais / international relations day, Centro Cultural de Cascais, Portugal
– A.R.T (Art Revolution Taipei), International Contemporary Art Fair, Taiwan, China
– International Symposium on sandstone, Ungheni, Moldova
– International Symposium of stone sculpture, Alanya, Turkey
– Artist Colony, Portakal çiçeği, Sapanca, Turkey
– Symposium Un segno nel parco, Tivoli, Italy
– Assistant in the International Symposium, Simppetra Caldas da Rainha, Portugal
More relevant exhibits
– Assenze, Teatro San Leone Magno, Rome, Italy
– No prego, Bairro Arte gallery , Lisbon, Portugal
– 3×3 9 trabalhos, Gallery 21, Évora, Portugal
– C’era una volta: gioco e giocatolo, Museo Macro Future Testaccio, Roma, Italiy
– Broken mirror, Cappella Orsini, Rome, Italy
– Portakal çiçeği Rezidans Sanat Gallery, Çakaya, Ankara, Turkey
– En Gard and Tochet, Carrara, Italy
– Emergency <i>giovani artisti</i>, SS Apostoli, Rome, Italy
– Arte e Natureza, Academy of Fine Arts in Lisbon, Portugal
– Trópicos, Galeria 59, Lisbon, Portugal
– Escultura e auto-retrato, Botanic Garden of Lisbon, Portugal
– International Biennial Vespeira, Montijo, Portugal